The Bahia Resort Hotel has an opening for a Food Server. Candidates will provide a courteous, timely and professional service in the restaurant. Shows complete knowledge of all menus and pricing, as well as a proactive, customer oriented attitude. This is a part time position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Welcomes our guests with a smile and with a friendly, courteous greeting.
- Reports to work as scheduled in the proper and clean uniform and ready to start the assigned duties.
- Cordially and professionally presents menu, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and service.
- Employs suggestive selling techniques to stimulate sales.
- Actively observes diners to respond to any additional requests and to determine when meal has been completed.
- Checks with the guest after 3-4 minutes after serving the meals, in order to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Follows cash and credit card handling policies at all times.
- Follows restaurant’s table setting procedures (glassware, silverware, portions, drinking garnishes).
- Solves any discrepancies when they occur in a professional and sympathetic manner.
- Maintains a friendly, polite, and appropriate language and non-verbal behavior (such as posture, eye contact, smile, etc.) throughout the whole interaction with the guests.
- Is responsible for complete knowledge of menus, including cooking time, ingredients, etc
Service professionals with a friendly, enthusiastic, can-do attitude is what we are looking for! Candidates must be able to maintain a friendly, positive attitude and a professional demeanor at all times. They must be dedicated to providing a memorable experience to each of our guests. They must be committed to the pursuit of excellence in service, a consistent product of high quality and value, and an entrepreneurial, sales-focused culture.
TO APPLY ONLINE:
Or for more information about the employment opportunities at Evans Hotels, please visit EvansHotels.com
TO APPLY IN PERSON:
Monday – Thursday from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
at the Bahia Human Resources Office located at 998 West Mission Bay Dr. San Diego, CA, 92109. Se habla Español
Evans Hotels is the premier provider of resort accommodations in one of San Diego’s most beautiful and scenic locations, Mission Bay Park. Since 1953, it has been our mission to match the superior natural beauty of this landscape with a superior level of service, in addition to well thought out amenities complemented by stylish interior environments. Our properties include The Lodge at Torrey Pines in La Jolla and the Bahia and Catamaran Resort Hotels on Mission Bay.
A partial list of our benefits includes: Medical coverage (after 90 days of employment, for full-time employees); 401(k) Plan (after the completion of 1,000 hours of service in the first 12 months of employment or in any subsequent calendar year); Section 125 Reimbursement Plan; discounted banking services; employee hotel discounts through the Resort Hotel Association Employee Rate Lodging Program; discounted health club memberships; free employee parking and free employee shift meals.
Evans Hotels provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons. The Company prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics or medical condition, or any other legally-protected category. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for qualified individuals with disabilities.