San Diego Activities
The Bahia has Activities and Events for the Family
Make the most of an extraordinarily beautiful natural setting, year-round perfect climate and Southern California lifestyle with over 16 miles of boardwalk pathways. Our prime location right on Mission Bay makes the Bahia perfect for any number of popular San Diego activities including water and land sports like sailing, surfing, waterskiing, biking, skating, and so much more.
Tour our San Diego hotel’s grounds and discover abundant and diverse tropical flora and fauna, unwind with a dip in the swimming pool or the hydro-therapy pool, all ages will have fun playing Tennis or Shuffle board, clear your mind with an invigorating workout in our fitness center, stop by the video arcade to test your skills, find special mementos at our gift shop, enjoy complimentary high-speed Internet from the comfort of your room, or get some work done at our business center. You will never be short of ideas for fun San Diego activities and recreation.
Enjoy these upcoming Spring Break activities!
||Bahia Belle Mission Bay Cruise
- Public run, free to hotel guests, every Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday night beginning at 6:30pm. Live entertainment every night! Regular prices for the public.
- View Mission Bay Cruise Times
- During Spring Break, March 14 – April 6, the game room will be complimentary to the guests.
- Young and old will enjoy our continuously changing collection of cutting edge and traditional video games, safely located next to the pool requiring room key access.
- On Friday nights we have our BBQ Buffet, with live Calypso music for $18.95/per person and $9.95 for children 12 and under. Caribbean themed drink specials also will be offered at $6.00.
- Every Saturday enjoy our Prix Fixe Dinner Menu! Chef’s menu of 3 courses for only $30.00 per person. Our Chef will create a new menu every week.
- Sunrise Breakfast Buffet 7 days a week in Café Bahia, featuring a made-to-order Belgian waffle bar
- $16.95 for adults, $7.95 for children ages 5-11. Children under 5 are complimentary with a paying adult meal. Serving a variety of coastal and classic favorites, guests enjoy indoor and outdoor dining.
- Breakfast 6:30 – 11:30 AM
- Lunch 11:30 AM – 2:00 PM
- Dinner 5:30 – 9:00 PM, Friday and Saturday 5:30 – 10:30 PM
- Note: kids under 5 eat free from the buffet menu with a paying adult meal.
- Visit Café Bahia
|| Tangier Bar
- St. Patrick’s Day weekend will be Friday, March 14 – Monday, March 17. Each evening we will offer a trio of corned beef and cabbage “sliders” as well as Guinness Beef Stew in a sourdough bread bowl at both Café Bahia and Tangier Bar. In the Tangier Bar on Friday night we will have a live band and Saturday night we will have Karaoke.
- 7 Days a week 11:30 AM – 1:00 AM
- Happy Hour is 7 days a week from 3:00 – 6:00 PM: Appetizers $8.00, Draft Beer $4.50, Well Cocktails $5.00, and Wine $5.50
- Karaoke in Tangier – every Saturday night from 9:00 PM – 12:00 midnight
- Tangier Bar
||Pool Bar & Grill
- The Pool Bar and Grill will be open 7 days a week from March 14 – April 6 from 12:00 noon – 5:00 PM with pool grill menu available. After these dates the Pool Bar and Grill will be open only on Saturdays and Sundays until April 20.
- Spring Break Specialty Drinks will be offered for both adults and children.
- Steel Drum entertainment at the pool will be Saturdays only from 1:00 – 5:00 PM. (March 15, 22, 29 and April 5, 12, 19).
- Non-Spring Break hours: Friday-Sunday from 12:00 noon to 5:00 PM
||Resort Water Sports
- Free 30-minute sailing lesson with paid one-hour sailboat rental.
- Free 30-minute paddle boat (stand-up) lesson with paid one-hour paddle board rental.
- Free 30-minute kayak lesson with paid one-hour kayak rental.
- Experience all that San Diego is known for by renting everything from sailboats to beach bikes.
- For a complete list of rental equipment and pricing, Resort Rental Rates and Hours
- Movie Nights at the Pool on Saturdays, March 15, 22, 29, and April 5: Select Children’s movies starting at 8:00 PM.
- Kid’s Activities at the Pool – Children’s activities will be on Saturdays March 15, 22, 29, and April 5.
- Guests are invited to enjoy our 2 complimentary lighted tennis courts.
- Complimentary rackets and tennis balls may be obtained from The Resort Security office just off The Lobby.
- Tennis Court Reservations
Looking for complete relaxation and rejuvenation? Take a short, one-mile ride around Mission Bay to the Catamaran Spa at our sister property, the Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa. San Diego’s only beachfront spa is available for all Bahia Resort Hotel guests (and we’ll provide complimentary transportation), offering an exotic menu of practices with marine and botanical elements inspired from the South Pacific. Luxurious and therapeutic skin and body treatments include massages, rituals, and a full-service hair and nail salon. All spa treatments begin and end by sipping on artisan teas or fruit-infused waters in the peaceful relaxation lounge. Soaking in the secluded outdoor hot tub and resting in the steam room and sauna are also included in the lush spa experience. Spa guests also receive a personal locker with a robe and sandals and have access to the open-air fitness center overlooking Mission Bay.
To make reservations, please call 858-539-8820. And be sure to visit this web page for our monthly specials: Catamaran Spa Specials